Blue Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit
Time to set up
Expect to grow
Check the “Grow By” date on the bottom of your kit or store for 3-6 months (refrigerated).
Grow these beautiful gourmet mushrooms at home with Little Acre’s Blue Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit! It is easy! It is fun!
Everything you’ll need is in the box, including:
- a step-by-step instruction card
- a spray bottle to mist your kit
- a pull-out recipe card to prepare a delish mushroom dish
- the ready-to-grow mushroom block (inoculated with Blue Oyster (Pleurotus ostreatus))
Pop it on your kitchen bench and watch these beauties blossom right before your very eyes!
For best results, start your grow kit right away!
Time til harvest: Just 7-14 days!
Fruiting temperature: 10°C to 24°C
Blue Oysters like to chill out, man. They enjoy a cool climate and the cooler the temperature, the darker and richer their blue colour will be. Once they have matured, they turn a stunning pearlescent steel-grey colour. Sooo cool.
Harvests: Your first flush (flush = fancy fungi word for harvest) will produce enough gourmet mushrooms to cook a meal for 1-2 people. If you treat your kit right, you could enjoy a smaller second, third and maaaybe a fourth flush (if you are super lucky!).
Storage: If you need to store your mushroom kit pop it in the fridge. This will put it to sleep until you’re ready to grow it or gift it!
SKILL LEVEL : EASY PEASY
Our grow kits are for everyone!
All you need to do is mist the kit a few times daily and voila!
OUR GROWERS’ PROMISE
We promise to get your fungi flourishing! We hand-on-heart believe everyone can grow their own mushrooms and we’re here to help with expert advice and know-how.
So don’t be shy, please get in touch with all your curly questions and we’ll get you growing mushrooms in no time!
SHOP YOUR VALUES
- Certified Australian Made
- Inoculated with Little Acre spawn
- Support our small (but mighty) business!
- Locally designed and printed packaging
- Organic/chemical-free and non-GMO ingredients
- Shipped using biodegradable tape, in a home-compostable satchel or recyclable cardboard box
- Recyclable Grow Kit box – don’t be fooled by the vegetable-based finish posing as plastic film!
- Mushroom block made of pure Australian hardwood sawdust – a timber mill waste product
- Compost your finished kit or use it as mulch.
These versatile and velvety baby Blues have a lovely umami flavour and smooth texture.
Try your hand at the five star recipe* found on your Grow Kit box. (*Disclaimer: we rated it ourselves but we whole-heartedly stand by it).
Give these mushrooms a whirl and tell us you don’t love them!