White Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit
Time to set up
Expect to grow
Check the “Grow By” date on the bottom of your kit or store for 3-6 months (refrigerated).
Grow your very own gourmet mushrooms at home with Little Acre’s White Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit! It’s easy! It’s fun!
Everything you’ll need is in the box, including:
- a step-by-step instruction card
- a spray bottle to mist your kit
- a pull-out recipe card to prepare a delish mushroom dish
- the ready-to-grow mushroom block (inoculated with White Oyster AKA Pleurotus ostreatus)
Pop it on your kitchen bench and watch these tasty mushroom morsels appear right before your very eyes!
For best results, start your grow kit right away!
Time til harvest: Just 7-14 days!
Fruiting temperature: 10°C to 30°C
This kit is a versatile all-rounder, growing glorious White Oysters anywhere in this broad temperature range. If you’re not sure what Grow Kit to get, may we humbly suggest you lock this one in!
Harvests: Your first flush (flush = fancy fungi word for harvest) will produce enough gourmet mushrooms to cook a meal for 1-2 people. If you treat your kit right, you could enjoy a smaller second, third and maaaybe a fourth flush (if you are super lucky!).
Storage: If you need to store your mushroom kit pop it in the fridge. This will put it to sleep until you’re ready to grow it or gift it!
SKILLED LEVEL : EASY PEASY
Our grow kits are for everyone!
All you need to do is mist the kit a few times daily and voila!
OUR HAPPY GROWERS’ PROMISE
We promise to get your fungi flourishing! We hand-on-heart believe everyone can grow their own mushrooms and we’re here to help with expert advice and know-how.
So don’t be shy, please get in touch with all your curly questions and we’ll get you growing mushrooms in no time!
SHOP YOUR VALUES
- Certified Australian Made
- Inoculated with Little Acre spawn
- Support our small (but mighty) business!
- Locally designed and printed packaging
- Organic/chemical-free and non-GMO ingredients
- Shipped using biodegradable tape, in a home-compostable satchel or recyclable cardboard box
- Recyclable Grow Kit box – don’t be fooled by the vegetable-based finish posing as plastic film!
- Mushroom block made of pure Australian hardwood sawdust – a timber mill waste product
- Compost your finished kit or use it as mulch
This White Oyster mushroom forms large flat caps which, combined with its savoury flavour and firm texture, makes it a fantastic protein swap in meaty dishes. People say they taste like chicken – actually, though!
Check your Grow Kit box for the recipe perfected by Founder Mickey (and verified by our taste buds, many, many times).